Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sending a Care Package

Many adoptive parents I've talked to suggested sending a care package to the orphanage.

I put an outfit, lots of socks, a Carebear that my friend Diann got for Anslee, a picture Andrew painted for her and a disposable camera into a big padded envelope.

Another parent who has adopted from China emailed me a letter written in Chinese. It asks the caregivers to take pictures of Fu Bao He and anything else they think will be important for her to see. I asked them to return the camera to me on "Gotcha Day" (when we pick her up).

I also am asking that they let her have the carebear there and then return it with her so she has something familiar to play with when she is with us.

They can keep the socks and outfit. I know they need socks.

We'll bring gifts for the caregivers and gifts for the orphanage when we go.

I found the address written in Chinese and English so I printed it from the website. I also taped her picture on the camera so they will remember who they are taking pictures of.

Some people said they get the things they ask for back, and some don't.
I hope we do!!

T

No comments: