Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Fingerprinting!

We are having the hardest time getting refingerprinted with the department of homeland security! We need to have it done relatively quickly but the DHS is not making it very easy.

We had our fingerprints done Sept. 2004. They expire (again, not sure why...)
on Jan. 8, 2006. So I tried making an appointment online which other states have you do. Well, Georgia doesn't let you. You would think this would be the same state to state but it isn't. So I finally after 5 tries was able to talk to someone at CIS (Custom and Immigration Services) and she kept saying that if I'm an immigrant I need to talk to an immigration agent. I explained several times that I wasn't but she never really got it. They don't have phone number for someone in the fingerprint dept at DHS so she said I need to write a letter for an appointment. Even though I explained the urgency of the situation, it didn't matter.

So today I am writing a letter and sending it by fed ex to DHS. Hopefully they respond quickly so we can get this done.

I am really praying that we get the December 10th travel date so none of this matters!!

T

No comments: