Monday, November 21, 2005

EAC

My least favorite part of this adoption process (besides the waiting) has been the paperwork.

The great thing is that our agency (European Adoption Consultants) has been incredible about walking us through every single piece of paper that has crossed our hands. The entire dossier had to be notarized and then state certified which was a pain.

Our adoption consultant scheduled a phone conference with us tonight to walk us through more paperwork. We have to get our visas so we need to send out everything for those by Friday. Also our fingerprints expire January 8th. We need to hurry and get refingerprinted in case we leave after Christmas. If we leave before Christmas we won't have to do it. Since I'm pretty sure my fingerprints are the same as when I was fingerprinted last time, I'm not exactly sure why fingerprints expire.

We need to get a couple of things notarized but luckily nothing needs to be state certified. Some of the papers need to go to China with us and some we need to send to our agency. I'm really hoping I don't get anything mixed up!

When our adoption consultant was about to hang up the phone she said she would talk to us early next week about the rest of the paperwork! :-0 She also said there is a chance we could leave as early as the 8th. I'm not going to get my hopes up. Even though I am packing and trying to get ready I am going to assume we are leaving after Christmas.

So I guess all this should give me something to think about when I'm not able to sleep....

No comments: