Friday, May 19, 2006

What to buy in China...

Before we left for China I looked on a few websites to see what kind of things I would want to buy in China. I knew I wanted some artwork but wasn't sure what kind. I also wanted to buy some pearls and silk outfits for Anslee and Andrew.

I found some great pearls in Guangzhou and bought silk outfits (2 for Anslee and 1 for Andrew) in Beijing.

When looking for artwork, we found some great things! I brought them all home unframed and we just got them framed. I think they all are beautiful!

We bought two handpainted Banyan tree leaves in Chongqing (this is just a picture of one of them):















We also found this cool oil painting on canvas:

In Guangzhou we saw a lot of silk art. We loved this silk wall hanging of 99 children. Our daughter makes 100 :-)

If you click on any of the pictures you can see them in much greater detail.

No comments: