Sunday, December 11, 2005

COLD!

All,

Sorry about the delayed posting. I'm having computer issues.

It is about 5:45 Sunday morning. We will have Anslee in just a few short hours. Yesterday was a looooong day. We started the day of visiting Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City. Amazing to think we were actually standing in such a historic place. I'm not sure that I really thought that would happen. It was freezing cold. Let's put it this way, I actually had to buy a cap. All of the bodies of water we saw were completely frozen.

Our next adventure was getting a tour of what life is like in Beijing by bike. (see picture) These things have a name but I forgot it already. Locals chased us everywhere on their bikes and as soon as we stopped, they would surround us and start trying to sell. E, we need a few of these folks at the office. I'm making job offers!

We toured a middle income home. Most people in our country would have considered the conditions to be worse than our own poor. I guess it is all about perspective. The people were very proud of their home and I found out it would have been worth 2M in America. Amazing!

Our last stop was to a silk factory and then lunch at the Hard Rock cafe in Beijing before our flight to Chongqing, pronounced Chong-Ching. I tried to post last night but we did not get to the hotel until late and I was having computer problems.

We will get pic of Anslee on as soon as possible!

Love to all, especially you Andrew!!

K.

No comments: