Thursday, December 08, 2005

Booger!!

Wow, what a day we have had. We left our house at 4:00am EST on the 7th and just got to our hotel at 7:00am EST on the 8th. That is 27 hours of traveling! As I type this it is about 8:30pm on the 8th here in China. So as all of or friends and family start the day we are about to go to bed.

Our first leg of the trip was great. A 5 hour flight from ATL to SanFrancisco. The flight had lots of empty seats and we watched Cinderella Man with Russell Crow. I'd reccomend it if you have not already seen it. Once in SanFran, we had a 4hr lay over.

The second part of the trip is when the dissapointment set in. Our flight was over booked, so we knew it was going to be crowded. Here were our issues:

1) I thought that the coach seats on an international flight would be a litte bigger than a intercontinental flight, not so.

2) The United web sight said that I would have a plug in for my laptop, not true.

3) And worst of all, Terri sat by the window, I had the center seat and an Asian man had the isle. Not even before we had a chance to push back did the man shove his finger into his nose and proceede to dig for gold. I thought that I was going to have to get him a shovel. Well if any of you know my wife, this was most upsetting. Especially since we had a 12 hour flight ahead of us.

For those of you that have never been on a plane for 12hrs, it is dreadful if you are anywhere but business or first class. Luckily they had some in flight movies, however the screen was very difficult to see. I have not slept since I got up at 3:00am yesterday. Terri had a few short cat naps.

Anyway we finally made it to Bejing. After a 1hr & 30min bus ride we were at the hotel. I'm already feeling like a fish out of water. When we got to our room, both of us needed to use the facilities, but we could not figure out how to get the lights on. After a while of anxiously jumping around I realized that you had to put your room key in a slot to get the power to come on. How wierd? I am attaching a photo of Terri and the power card holder.

Tomorrow we tour the Great Wall and see a show. We'll update again then. Hope all is well.

K.


2 comments:

bamajane said...

How exciting! I know y'all are tired, but YOU've almost hit gold! Just a little while longer and it'll all be worth while! Glad you're safe. Enjoy. Love to both. M

tc said...

Good morning from Andrew & Nana. We hope you had a great day and can't wait to read you blog for today.

Mom, Dad, this is fromm Andrew. I love you a lot. I hope you had a good day and I hope it's not hard finding stuff for you. My new word I learned yesterday in school was YOU. I can spell - cat.

We'll we're going to get b'fast now.

Love, Andrew & Nana