Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Long summer days...



Andrew and his friend Jack could play for 24 hours without stopping. On this day we went to the pool, played in the sprinklers, drew with sidewalk chalk, made crafts inside, played gamecube, jumped on the trampoline, explored down by the creek (where they found deer and rabbit poop and were so excited to show me) and played with Anslee. I didn't have to find them anything to do and not once did either one say they were bored. Summer days like this are the greatest!!

1 comment:

prentice said...

I used to do that with my summer days, too. Now I go to work as early as the homeowner will allow, work 'till it gets really hot and steamy, take a 2 1/2 hour lunch during the hottest part of the day, then get back to it for a few more hours. After that I go home, take a shower, eat supper and go to sleep just in time to repeat the process the next day. I sure didn't know how good I had it when I was a kid.