Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The never ending cleanup...


Today was one of those days! It seems as if every time I thought I was caught up, I had so much more to do. Let me give you the condensed version:

This morning was okay.
I picked Anslee up from Tina's and drove home.

She fell asleep in the car which is always baaaad as she won't take a nap later.

When we got home I changed her poopy diaper which she grabbed and flung across the floor while I was cleaning her up. It got on the floor and on her hands, then face, then my pants etc. So I quickly bathed her and got her redressed. Then changed myself.

I heard Andrew's bus coming so I had to grab Anslee and run out to meet him - in the pouring rain - without an umbrella.

We got inside everyone got into dry clothes and I proceed to clean up the house.

I do laundry (my least favorite thing in the whole world - I'd rather clean the poopy diaper mess), fold a ton of clothes and then go check on Anslee.

She has been playing in Buster's food and water and is soaking wet.

I change her (for the third time in less than 3 hours) and bring her upstairs to play where I can see her while I finish cleaning up.

After putting another load of clothes in the wash I go into the bathroom and Anslee is playing in the toilet (YUCK! - even though it has been flushed and is clean) and she is soaking wet AGAIN! So I wash her with dial soap and change her again.

Just a little later Buster pulled two loaves of french bread off the kitchen table, toar through the bags and ate more than half of each one. Andrew complained for about an hour about me not taking him to Toys R Us to spend some of his birthday money. Anslee unfolded all the clothes that had been so neatly folded (but she looked so cute putting them on her head when I walked in that I couldn't be very upset). Neither one of them was happy that we had to make a trip to the grocery store (for more french bread) and Chipotle for dinner didn't turn out to be Andrew's favorite meal.

Keith is out of town tonight so thank goodness both of them are in bed sound asleep looking so sweet.

Just in case you lost count. Since 1:30 this afternoon, Anslee has had three baths (including her night time bath) and 5 clothes changes. No wonder there is always a ton of laundry!!!
I know every mom has had days like this, but holy cow!
T

3 comments:

bamajane said...

There's a picture of you somewhere that looks just like that one of Anslee. However, you're covered in spaghetti in yours. Love to all of you! M

prentice said...

Maybe you could get Anslee a divers' "dry suit" that has rubber gaskets at ankles, wrists and neck; when she makes a mess you just hose her off and send her on her way.

squire said...

Thanks for the picture. It brings back memories of my little man.