Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm so thankful for Tina!!

I returned to teaching my preschool class today. It was so wonderful seeing all the children and they seemed really excited that I was back. The teacher who took over for me has such an incredible personality and is so lovable that I was a little concerned that the children would not be as excited to see me as I was them. Many people have asked me why I am going back this year since after paying for childcare the money I bring home is almost nothing. I am teaching because I love it.

Keith laughed the other day when I told him I just love the smell of Andrew's elementary school. I love the smells of the sweaty children, the yucky cafeteria food, and the paint, markers, crayons all mixed together. Hopefully when Anslee is in kindergarten I'll resume teaching kindergarten or first grade.

I was really nervous this morning as I was getting ready to go. A lady named Tina is keeping Anslee at her house with a couple of other children. Tina has taken care of several children I know and they and their parents adore her! So I wasn't nervous about the care Anslee would get, I just didn't want her to be sad while I was gone.

When I took Anslee this morning I hugged and kissed her and then slipped out when she wasn't looking. I am leaving her from 8:15-1:15 on Wednesdays and Thursdays and from 8:15-12:15 on Mondays and Tuesdays. I only called once during the day (aren't you proud of me?!) and Tina said Anslee was doing great.
As soon as I arrived to pick her up, Anslee started crawling towards me as fast as she could. I held her and loved on her and then she wanted down to play some more. She had a blast!!

Now she'll probably be bored with Andrew and me over the summer!
T

No comments: