Sunday, March 26, 2006

How quickly time goes by!!

This picture was taken Dec. 11,2005 on Gotcha Day.

Anslee turned 14 months old yesterday. She's been home with us about 3 1/2 months. It seems like she has always been here. I wonder if she thinks about the orphanage at all or if it is totally buried in her mind. There are a few times when she'll wake up distraught after a nap (this never happens when she wakes up in the morning) and when I lift her out of the crib she just clings to me and sobs for about 5 minutes. It seems as if she's worried we aren't here anymore.

I went away on a girls trip last weekend and she barely ate while I was gone. That's a BIG deal as anyone who has seen Anslee at mealtimes knows. Keith didn't tell me until I was on my way home Sunday. I'm glad because I would've either been consumed with guilt all weekend or made everyone cut the trip short and come home. As soon as I got home she ate normally again.

She is LOVING Andrew right now. Yesterday she kept wanting him to hold her and she would lay her head on his shoulder. It is hilarious to watch because she is huge compared to him. The entire time he is holding her you can tell it is taking every ounce of strength he has but he doesn't want to put her down.

I remember having to make a concious effort to enjoy each day when Andrew was a baby and not wish away the time (since he was a preemie I just wanted him older). Now with two children time is flying by no matter how I try to slow it down.

Terri

No comments: