Monday, May 30, 2011

New York

My mom, Keith's mom (aka Nana) and I took Dandan to NYC for the weekend on May 6th.  She said that was the one place she'd love to see before she goes back home.  We packed as much into the weekend as we could.  My mom goes to New York quite often, so it was nice to have her experise on what to do and where to go.  By the end of the trip Nana was adept at hailing our cabs and figuring out the streets and avenues!   We stayed at the Mariott Times Square - which for touritsts, has to be the perfect location.  We walked a ton, although we did end up taking the double decker red bus and taxis to see the rest of the city. We had a great time!!
Delicious food!
Yummy drinks!! 




We saw Wicked.  This show now moves to #2 on my favorites list!  Chicago is still #1, but it bumped Les Miserables to #3.  When I rank the shows, I'm including everything ~ BUT as far as just the music goes, Les Miserables is #1.

                    We rode the ferris wheel in FAO.  I think it's called Toys R Us now, which is a little sad!
It seemed like the ride lasted forever.  You get your $5.00 worth!

The Empire State building


Dandan and I couldn't resist staying out late!

With all the stores open so late, it's hard to stop shopping!

No comments: