Monday, January 07, 2008

What we were doing during the time I was so slack about posting :-)



The leaves were so beautiful this fall! I thought since we've had such a horrible drought, the leaves would just turn brown and fall off the trees. It was just the opposite. The leaves were incredible colors and they stayed on the trees much longer than usual. The temperature stayed really warm all fall so the children were playing outside constantly.
We spent Thanksgiving with my family in North Carolina. As usual, we ate entirely too much food. My brother brought up fresh oysters from Apalachicola, Florida. The guys smoked them on the Big Green Egg. They were delicious! If you don't know what a Big Green Egg is, go to the link.The day after Thanksgiving Andrew loves to go to work at the Christmas store with my Dad. This year he was promoted to fudge sample cutter. The employees of the Christmas store are so patient and sweet to him that it really is one of his most favorite things to do.

Keith got front row tickets for my mom, Anslee and myself to see Disney Princesses on Ice. It was even more exciting than I had imagined. When the guy was going to try the glass slipper on Cinderella, he came off the ice and tried it on Anslee! She was stunned but then talked about it for days afterwards. After the show she was able to shake Minnie Mouse's and Ariel's hands. Ariel has been her very favorite princess and that cemented it!



Breakfast with Santa at the Buckhead Diner starts the Christmas season for me. The real Santa comes on a firetruck and talks with each of us at our tables and then the children all get a chance to sit on his lap and read Santa their Christmas wish list. He is amazing!
The weekend before Christmas, my parents, two of my sisters and their families, Keith's mom, his sister and her family all came to our house for a great get together. Andrew and Anslee adore their cousins and love getting to spend time with them.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You're back!!! I am so glad...I missed catching up with you...so looking forward to february!!