Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Reality check

I love my sister! When I am having a rough day she always makes me feel better because her day is always much harder!
I called her yesterday and was telling her about all the things I had on my "to do" list for that day. She listened and gave me advice. Then I asked her what she had done yesterday. She gave me her usual huge long list and then said when she and her family got home last night they were checking on all the farm animals because it was really cold (17 degrees).
The pigs and the sheep were missing. They had to treck all through the woods looking for them. When they found them they had to be herded back to their pens and enticed to enter. It took about an hour in below freezing temperatures! My chores look much easier after hearing that.
I remember one day after talking for a while she told me the day before that one of their goats was dying during kidding. They had to put the goat down, deliver her babies by c-section, run to the house and get a lamp electric cord, and strip the wiring out so they could intubate the babies.... Can you imagine starting your day like that?!

Anslee helping with chores on the farm.
Andrew feeding chestnuts to the pigs.
I'm off to start my easy day :-)
T

No comments: